February 18, 2011
Activities: Cultural, Touring, Walking.
Start From: 2
Ends In: 2
Transportation: Private coach, domestic flights.
Price on demand
Manaslu trekking was officially opened to trekkers in 1991, but mountaineering expeditions have long had access to the area. Gorkha is the traditional starting point for Manaslu treks that goes up the Buri Gandaki valley. The public buses are leave from Kathmandu to Gorkha Bazaar every day in the morning but Manaslu trekking is also possible to starting from Dhading who wish to saves a day of walking compared to the trek from Gorkha and alternative trekking starting point for the Around Manaslu trek is Trisuli Bazaar.
However, Gorkha bazaar is the best and popular trek starting point for the Manaslu Larkya La pass trekking. Around Manaslu trekking route through the Larka La is not a difficult pass, the trek is harder than most in Nepal. Manaslu trek is a fascinating course, the Manaslu, Known as "three peaks". It is a well- loved trek from Gorkha or Trisuli Bazaar to the Burhi Gandali, passing through a huge precipitous valley to the contrasting world of Sama, crossing snow-covered Larke La and descending to the Marsyangdi Khola, All supplies necessary for the trip (including food and kerosene) must be carried in and all rubbish must be pottered out. As it is a long course, you must be in good physically and have extra days for rest during the trek. Sama, before you cross the pass, it is ideal for this; you can enjoy strolling about the glacial lake and Pugen Glacier there.
Trekking around Manaslu offers a unique opportunity to experience relatively "untouched" region of Nepal. It provides spectacular beauty along the border of Nepal and China and is now a controlled trekking route which allows organized trekking groups special permits to venture round its spectacular circuit. Located in west-central Nepal, the trekking around Manaslu provides fantastic mountain scenery, spanning altitudes from 375 m to 5300 m. A diverse range of ecosystems and ethnic cultures, and a trail that puts one physically closer to Tibet than any other trek in Nepal. Manaslu area people go to the Tibet for buying necessary things such as rice, clothes and Tibetan beer, etc which is cheaper compared to buy in Nepali market.
Manaslu trekking possible to make short and long as trekkers demands that mean most of trekkers go to Manaslu and cross Larka La pass then finished the trek in Besi Sahar but some trekkers after crossing Larka La they continue trek to Annapurna circuit, Tilicho Lake or Narphu valley as well as in Manaslu area there is good high pass called Rupinala Pass so it is also possible to include Rupinala pass on Manaslu circuit trek itinerary. Trekking in Manaslu region only possible to operate trek on camping basis / tent camp because Manaslu area there are not available Teahouse /lodge facilities.
Manaslu has a unique environment, which is exceptionally rich in bio diversity that has made this region one of the finest tourist destinations of Nepal for many years. The majestic Himalayan ranges in this area consist of cultural diversities and natural scenery with high altitude romantic glacier lakes and fascinating flora and fauna, all features of this region, have made it one of the most well liked places of Nepal.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard accommodation in four/five star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included. (4 nights on twin sharing)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by car / van / bus.
- Full board meal during camping, prepared by our cook with Tea & coffee.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. (We will provide fully water proof two men tents, dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek, required number of cook, porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine, transportation.
- Boiled and purify drinking water for the trek.
- All special trekking permits & fees.
- Surface Transfer to and from Kathmandu.
- Down Jacket, sleeping bag and duffel/kit bag by Ace the Himalaya (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- First aid medical kid.
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expanse.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee (US$ 30 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue.You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected.
- Sightseeing/Monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Views from friends and others...